Monday 18 June 2018

Concern about reuse of proposal content in final Independent study report: a reply

I notice that quite some students have concern about "reuse of proposal content in final Independent study (IS) report", leading to higher similarity score.

Basically, re-using the IS proposal content in the final IS report is not much a concern (as related to plagiarism). I certainly recommend students to rephrase contents on proposal before incorporating them into the final reports.

I will study the detailed software report to find out what actually have happened regarding to the issue of potential plagiarism.

Student A: Does it mean that there is no way to find out what actually happens with regard to the plagiarism topic by studying the similarity statistics?

Reply: I do not solely on the similarity statistics to judge what has happened to the content with regard to the plagiarism concern. I will carefully study the detailed software reports for that. So, I can find out what has happened, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment