Monday 7 February 2022

The wrong and right reasons to justify dissertation work decision: an example

 The wrong and right reasons to justify dissertation work decision: an example:


The wrong reason:

Based on the recommendation of my dissertation supervisor, Dr. Michael Jackson, I employed this ABC research method to study the XYZ topic. Or,

Following the suggestion of my dissertation supervisor, Dr. Michael Jackson, I employed this ABC research method to study the XYZ topic.

The right reason:

After reviewing advice (and the supportive reasons) from my dissertation supervisor, Dr. Michael Jackson as well as the XYZ research theory of Bolt (2021), I adopted the ABC research method to study the XYZ topic. The main underlying rationale of its adoption is that ...([e.g.] the ABC research method)... [e.g.] is good at measuring the level of employee engagement in a "straightforward, unintrusive, and reliable way" (Bolt, 2021).

No comments:

Post a Comment